25 May 2011

What's The Good Word?

Over the last few weeks, I have been observing the varying moods of a good friend. According to him, he was sort of pulled deep into a whole lot of work. And he made no bones about the irritation that caused him. However, after a 'long day's work', he would, apparently head over to refresh his irritated mind and pull out his wallet that financed his refreshments. That's when, he said,"Man, you know, I am slogging it out, but then moments such as these, when I can spare that extra buck to make myself happy, makes me thank my job. So what, if some want to call mine a thankless job?". Poignant, very, I told myself. And that's when I thought to myself, "Work? Life? Balance? Boy oh boy, if not for work, where is life the way you want it?" That to me, settled the what's the good word question. And for a second reminded me another good friend's motto in life- if you want something that you don't have, do something that you haven't done. Now, I need to get back to work. After all, it' such a wonderful part of life. Or is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment